I recently discovered a brand new program called Attently, which pays you to watch YouTube or Hulu.
They just launched out of beta yesterday, and you can now sign up and start getting paid while watching your favorite YouTube videos or Hulu shows.
Let’s get into the specifics.
# Introducing [Attently Audience](https://attentlyaudience.com/)
I want to start off with a clarification.
Attently is **not** a BS site where you’ll be presented with some youtube video you probably don’t care to watch. Attently *is* a chrome extension that pays you to watch **any** Youtube video, or Hulu show/movie.
### How it works:
1. Attently is a chrome extension that will use your webcam to track your eyes and mouth while you’re watching a video.
2. Attently uses your reactions and creates data about what people find interesting/boring about videos they watch.
3. You get paid.
**Attently currently pays out via PayPal. You can cash out any time your balance is over $2.50.**
### How much will I make?
Attently is currently paying out $0.17/hour. In addition you may receive short surveys from time to time for a bonus. I have not yet received a survey, so I can’t really speak to how they work/pay. You’ll also get a $1 signup bonus.
So, $0.17 an hour? huh… It may sound like it’s hardly anything, ^and ^^it ^^^is, but it does add up. For example, this last week I watched 14 episodes of a new show that I’m bingeing. Each episode is 40 minutes long, so you do the math. With no extra effort, I could have gotten a dollar or two if I had Attently installed.
Just a note: I actually did talk with the Attently team and the hourly rate absolutely is subject to change. When I was talking with them it really did sound like if anything the hourly rate would increase over time, so that’s something to look forward to 🙂
I’ve personally been enjoying using Attently. It’s good because it’s passive, but $0.17 feels really low, even though it requires no effort from me. I’m watching David Dobrik’s vlogs anyways, and now Attently gets to watch me laugh my ass off, too. And that’s actually (in my opinion) the biggest downfall of Attently. There’s something about seeing that little green light on, just knowing that they’re watching me. Even if nobody’s watching me, just knowing that my camera is on psychologically makes me a little nervous. I’ve watched many hours of video with Attently already but I still have not gotten used to it, so that might be the biggest tradeoff. They do address this, though:
> We believe people have the right to access what data is being collected on them. **We never save videos or images of our users – just raw data.**
Aside from the weird feeling that the camera may give you, the app does run well apart from the glitches in tracking that are to be expected since the program has just launched. It’s just up to you if you’re willing to let your data get collected for $0.17 an hour.
I think that Attently is a great idea since it’s something actually new. We’ve never *really* seen any other beermoney site try to do something like what they’re doing. I’m hoping that they find value in the data so that it could become something sustainable in the future and something that could reward many viewers as well.
Please feel free to share your thoughts and ask questions about Attently. I’m sure they’ll be watching this post.
* Follow me on twitter for some surprises 😉 [@uFishering](http://www.twitter.com/ufishering)
* Follow me on reddit I need followers: /u/Fishering
* [Read my other posts!](https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/search?q=Author%3AFishering&include_over_18=on&restrict_sr=on&t=all&sort=top(https://www.reddit.com/r/beermoney/search?q=Author%3AFishering&include_over_18=on&restrict_sr=on&t=all&sort=top)
* Please send me PMs with any questions you have about *anything*, or even just PM me if you want someone to talk to.
* Business inquiries: email@example.com