You are here
Home > Reddit articles > New Bullshit from Fronto — Points now expire

New Bullshit from Fronto — Points now expire

Lol, this email was just sent from Fronto.

Basically TL;DR – Points expire after 90 days of no account activity.

The thing that ticks me off about this post is in bold.

>
Hi /u/Fishering ,

> As you know, the Fronto community is growing rapidly. Since the first launch, its user base has been growing crazily fast. Starting from the US, we are now serving several countries in multiple languages. Without your support, we wouldn’t have been able to achieve this milestone so far.

> However, at the same time, we have seen some users who couldn’t find that Fronto would be useful. We respect their decisions. Fronto can’t be for everyone. **The problem is that their remaining points became a big financial burden for the company even though those will be eventually expired.** In order to make Fronto sustainable, we had to decide that we will expire some of the inactive reward points.

> As of today, any accounts which haven’t earned any points for the last 90 days will be regarded as Inactive Accounts. Every month, we will expire all the points of the Inactive Accounts. As long as, you are actively using Fronto and have earned points over the last 90 days, your account will be safe. For the further details, please check the updated terms. http://www.fronto.co/advertising-use-terms/

> Best,

> Team Fronto

### WHAT THE FUCK?? LOL

This is actually really funny.. This is their logic based on this message… “You earned points with Fronto, but we realized that we have to pay you for your points, and we don’t want to do that. In fact, if we actually paid you for the points that you earned, our app would not be sustainable!”

Probably the biggest bullshit since Perk said that they had to lower the payout per ad because of the advertisers wanting to give you more ads and higher paying ads during ‘national holidays, and big events like the superbowl’.

I’m deleting fronto just because of this email. They say shit like this and think their users actually believe it? Like clearly no… if you were actually unable to pay users for using their app like they promise, then don’t pay users so much and have to *rely* on the fact that users won’t spend the points they earned. The thing that really makes me mad is this part:

> As of today, any accounts which haven’t earned any points for the last 90 days will be regarded as Inactive Accounts.

I don’t know about you, but I think that is real bullshit to immediately remove users points the day they inform users of a change. I’m sure there are plenty of users who check their emails a lot more often than Fronto, and I know there will be people who had a fronto account with a sitting balance on it that they never were able to cash out, and now their points have expired.

A beermoney company should never have to rely on the fact that Users won’t cash out in order to stay afloat.

19 thoughts on “New Bullshit from Fronto — Points now expire

  1. I quit using them on like day three when I was trying to help my mom set up her account, and they had some bullshit popup after you filled in the ref code, which meant I didn’t get the ref. Just straight deleted them. After this, fuck Fronto for real. Seashells is also on my shitlist if you did their shitty promo as well.

      1. Promo itself went fine, just pissed there’s no subscribe link in the email, they flagged my account, no mobile website, no app, and they’re still so new they still haven’t figured out how to remove the ‘record your name’ prompt from their GoogleVoice number, because customers think it’s a voicemail. Not to mention, when I gave Jamie feedback – no response. Like, really, I appreciate the $3 or whatever I made, but I will never use that website again.

  2. I used Fronto for a while, and never did care for it much, but I had a few refs, so I stuck with it. Once I got enough to cash out for $3, I deleted it.

  3. yup. reads like a pre-form cop out to me. and likely pre-meditated well before they sent out the email of course. never used fronto. but it’s always been that buzz word thrown around since i first discovered beermoney work as a whole.

    what i wonder is, what classified users as ACTIVE. was there a set guideline not mentioned there as well? or was it deemed unimportant. and if they were active those previous 3 month’s? are they still going down with the non’s?

    1. > what i wonder is, what classified users as ACTIVE. was there a set guideline not mentioned there as well? or was it deemed unimportant. and if they were active those previous 3 month’s? are they still going down with the non’s?

      The OP says that’s it’s if you haven’t earned anything in 90 days and since you can earn points at least once a day as it’s installed as your lockscreen, that means this should only affect people who uninstalled the app and haven’t come back basically which tbh, makes sense for them to have their points expire as they are never gonna come back to reedem them to begin with.

  4. I honestly don’t see a problem with this, they are only doing it for people who haven’t earned for a long while and those people are likely never gonna log back in anyway so it wouldn’t affect people who use the app like us at all.

    EDIT: Basically this has nothing to do with how you say “if we actually paid you for the points that you earned, our app would not be sustainable!”. It makes perfect sense for them to remove stuff if people are never coming back.

    While yes, it was a bit shitty to implement the change without an initial warning, the policy itself isn’t bad assuming they do inform people down the line or at least tell people when joining like all the other websites that points expire do.

    1. I agree, the short notice is a problem, but expiring points due to inactivity is pretty standard practice across beermoney sites and apps. They probably could have worded it better, but I don’t see any issue with it otherwise.

      1. Heck it’s standard practice on basically all sites with account systems also, not just Beermoney. Like take email for instance… Yahoo, Google, Microsoft, and basically all other email providers delete your account and/or emails if you don’t login often.

        They do it to save space on their servers which in turn reduces their costs. Same thing could apply here, Fronto has to have a database of all the users who use their app and while one account might not take much room in it; once you add up all the inactive accounts that database could end up being quite huge and costing them lots of storage/data costs.

        1. > once you add up all the inactive accounts that database could end up being quite huge and costing them lots of storage/data costs.

          Even so, if that was why they are doing this they are still storing all user information. They are not removing accounts, they are flagging them en masse.

          1. TBH, I don’t know what they have on their servers but honestly you never know why things change like this. Could be storage or could be something else. All I know is this is a common practice to do, just they definitely should have gave better warnings.

      2. > expiring points due to inactivity is pretty standard practice

        Yes but 90 days is the lowest I’ve seen. It’s hardly justifiable, IMO, especially with no prior notice to users who may have been interested in coming back to Fronto and have a balance. They’ve completely severed ties to their previous users and honestly that smells of desperation to sell with better numbers at the cost of growing their userbase.

        1. Perk is 30.

          You’re being over dramatic.

          At 90 days they’re already former users, not users. It’s an unlock app.

  5. This is for book keeping.

    It looks bad to keep huge amounts of liablities on the books that they can’t get rid of. This just allows them to take them off the books to make their balance sheet look better.

    It reads to me like they want to clean up the books so they can get a higher valuation and sell the company

    1. It also looks bad to remove user points without prior notice. I understand the why, but that doesn’t justify removing the work of a user without giving then any choice in the matter.

      Even if it’s a day’s notice, and the points aren’t removed until the end, that’s still a pitifully small amount of time.

Leave a Reply

Top